I. Democratic Government
- Most of the everyday things will be voted on by members, with more urgent decisions being made by elected elders. The most urgent of decisions will be made by Fernelf, or the highest ranking member online.
- Elected officials, the Elders, will help organize activities based on their area of expertise. Such things may be defense, scout training, the finding or recording of books or written documents, the learning of lore, help in healing, etc.
- In polls in which there is no set time limit, one more than half of the members have to have voted on an issue in order for it to be a valid community demographic. This will only apply if the members are indeed active on the forums. In such cases where members have not voted by a specified time frame then the Leader will consult the Elders or make a decision that best supports the Kinship
- One purposes of the Safe Havens of Arda is to create or promote certain inter-kinship relations. We will serve the lotro community by promoting direct communication between Kinships using different events and resources. We will attempt to provide interaction that crosses Kinship lines so that the lotro community may enjoy the game with members of other Kinships. We will allow other kinships to use our halls and establishments. This is useful when the location of that kinshipís own halls must remain a secret. Also, we will offer our halls and establishment as neutral ground for two kinships to meet and decide on issues of war and peace. We will offer the Kinship Council to allow representatives of Kinships to decide on things that affect them. We will have good relations with most kinships.
- Another Purpose of the Safe Havens of Arda is to offer aid to travelers. We will have a wide range of classes and races in our membership that may be available for aid. We will provide shelter and healing to travelers in need. Our establishments will be in convenient places to these travelers. We will not, as a kinship, withhold aid to either virtuous or corrupt players, though the individual members are allowed the freedom to choose.
- Finally, our third purpose will be to facilitate the enjoyment of lotro for itís members and visitors.
- Membership is available to all races. Active and casual players are welcome. We look for unique characters with contact with different races. This will help in our mission. Applicants must be respectful players. Solo players are welcome just as social players are. Finally, applicants must be mature.
- To become a member, start a thread on the Joining the SHoA forum. Make sure to include a character history. This character history will not be written in stone; we just need to make sure it is appropriate for lotro. Tell us about yourself as a person. In the thread youíve created, members will ask and answer questions to get to know you better. If you are under 18, we will need an email from your legal guardian. Finally, the membership will vote privately and you will be informed of the decision.
- Duel membership in the Safe Havens of Arda and another virtuous/neutral kinship is possible if the following steps are taken. Inform us of the other kinship membership when applying, or inform us of your intent to join the other kinship. Permission is needed from both leaders. If you spy on the other kinship, or our own, your membership will be terminated. A private message from the other kinship leader is required. If these instructions are not followed, the member will be put on probation, and there is a possibility of membership termination.
- If a member has another character that is not a member of the Safe Havens of Arda, we are not responsible for that player''s actions while playing that character. However, if this player is disrespectful and brings shame to the Safe Havens while in this other character, they may be asked to leave.
- There are a few rules for members.
- Respect other players.
- Abide by rules in other kinship homes.
- Player disputes will be handled by parties involved. If the parties involved cannot reach an agreement, Fernelf can be notified of the problem.
- Strategy and Member-Only discussion will remain within the kinship.
- Flaming is unacceptable.
- Cheating will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to, hacking, duping, using bots, etc.
- Rights of members.
- Members have the right not to like certain races in character, as long as they follow the other rules.
- Members have the right to keep their homes private.
- Members have the right to stay true to their characters. Members will never be required to act out of character.
Copyright © by The Safe Havens of Arda All Right Reserved.
Published on: 2009-02-21 (2122 reads)[ Go Back ]